Yesterday, I made a sandwich for lunch.
(I also threw away two dozen old magazines. And made a donation pile for Goodwill. And listed things to sell on Amazon and eBay.)
Here is how the sandwich part went.
1. I took two pieces of bread, covered one with sliced raw cheddar and stuck them in the 350-degree oven for a little while (maybe five to ten minutes).
2. I sliced an avocado in half, removed the pit, sliced the flesh while it was still inside the skin.
3. When the bread was good and toasted and the cheese all melty, I put avocado slices on the plain piece.
4. I sliced a big, fat, juicy red tomato into slices.
5. Lettuce (aka mixed greens) goes on top of the avocado, then tomato, then salt and pepper—they’re key.