Update 11/30/09: (Congratulations to Carmen and Leslie, random winners of our Thanksgiving giveaway, whose packages will be arriving soon. Thanks to all of you who participated!)
It’s Thanksgiving week, and I’m thankful for you—every one of you.
And I’m also thankful for the kind people at Red Gold Tomatoes, who are sponsoring a very cool giveaway for us this week! Simply subscribe to Food Loves Writing (and e-mail me the secret word), and you’re eligible to win one of two giveaway packages: a large tin filled with three cans of their diced tomatoes, two cookbooks, a red canvas tote, a magnetic chip clip, other magnets and a toy truck.
Red Gold sent me one of these care packages a few days ago, and I couldn’t believe how cool it was! The tomatoes were even high enough quality to use in the scalloped tomatoes recipe you may remember from a few months ago, with the results being just as delicious as when I’d hand-chopped fresh tomatoes from the garden, no kidding. And that giant tin? The perfect container for my kitchen recyclables before I take them outside. You’re going to love this.
- So here’s what you need to know:
- The contest starts NOW and will end at midnight CST this Saturday, November 28.
- The contest is only open to US residents.
- The only qualification for entry in this contest is subscribing via e-mail/RSS and telling me the secret word contained in the feed.
- ALL EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS are eligible for entry! You do not need to be a new subscriber; you just need to e-mail me the secret word.
- E-mail me at: email@example.com.
- The winners will be selected via a random number generator and contacted via e-mail Sunday, with instructions for coordinating their prize shipment, mailed out directly through Red Gold.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.
- I will choose the winners from the qualified participants. I am the sole judge of adding entries to the list, and e-mailing me the secret word is the only way to ensure being counted. Plagiarized content, trackback from splogs, spams, non-goal oriented comments, and comments containing abusive or inappropriate languages will not be considered.
- To award the prize, I must be able to contact you via the e-mail address you write from and/or provide. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone else (excepting, of course, Red Gold, for the winner).
- Winners must reply within 1 week from the time notified to claim prize. Otherwise, he or she forfeits the prize, and it will be awarded to an alternate.