Christmas is always the time of year when our cup feels especially full, what with the visits to family and gifts being exchanged, but, in fact, it’s our entire month that’s been filled with good gifts. Around here, December has meant cloudy Sunday afternoons walking around downtown Franklin, cozy nights doodling and watching Christmas movies, trimming a tree and, now this week, trips to Ohio and Chicago. What’s more, as 2012 comes to a close, we’re looking back at a long list of good meals, many of which were inspired by friends in the blogging world.
So as we wish the happiest of Christmases to each of you, we’re also including a roundup of recipes we’ve tried this year and loved—scroll to the bottom of the post for links!
- Some Favorite Recipes of 2012
- Peachy Corn Succotash Tacos with Lentils and Basil Slaw from Laura @ The First Mess
- Baked Zucchini Fritters from Sarah @ The Yellow House
- Strawberry Spelt Scones from Ilana @ Whisked
- Fudgy Chocolate Tarts from Carrie @ Deliciously Organic
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies from Amanda at Mae Bird (using sorghum instead of agave and olive oil instead of grapeseed)
- Dutch Baby with Cinnamon Apples from Erin and Naturally Ella (using einkorn instead of wheat)
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Brownies from Carrie at Life Fitness Academy
What have been your favorite recipes of the year? Did you try anything that you’ve love so much you’ll keep making it again and again? We’d love to hear about them!