Food Loves Writing turns two on Wednesday. How did this happen? Doesn’t it feel like just yesterday that we were having its one-year party in Downers Grove, and a bunch of you were coming out to say hi, and we were hot and sweaty, but mostly we were eating and laughing, happy, I was happy, thankful for all the blog had done and brought?
Yet here we are, and while this second year has been a lot different from the first, it’s been no less good, no less filled with surprises, no less something to be very thankful for—because you’ve been there, each one of you. So to celebrate this August 4, while I’m not having a real-life blog party, I’m having a virtual one!
- Here’s what you can expect:
- Later today: Giveaway #1, as well as a post including my new favorite summer sandwich. Teaser: fresh peaches!
- Tomorrow: Giveaway #2, or a series of them, all day long. There will be a total of five winners during the day, determined through Twitter. (Follow me now @foodloves!)
- Wednesday/the Birthday!: Giveaway #3, with prizes straight from my kitchen. There will be two winners. Rules/entry guidelines will be announced.
- Check back here this afternoon for the first giveaway! And meanwhile, if you’re looking for some entertainment, may I recommend:
- The recap of last year’s party, complete with pictures, budget and behind-the-scenes info!
- Reflections on the first year of blogging
- How things are coming with Project 365
- New items in my Etsy shop!
- Oh and PS: did you know you can advertise at Food Loves Writing? Slots are still available!