(Update 8/8/09: This contest has closed, but you can still feel free to Tweet, blog and write about us, as well as become a fan of us on Facebook!)
So to add further to the celebrations, I am giving things away! (thanks to very gracious sponsors!) At the party, there will be cookbooks and yummy desserts and prize packages and bottles of Country Bob’s sauce. But for all of you who don’t live around here or who can’t come for some reason, there’s something else.
Remember that Destination Dinner I tried out a few weeks ago? The one where you take a trip through your taste buds, sampling new cuisine with an easy-to-follow guide that provides everything but the perishables you need to grab?
There are actually twelve destinations to choose from, ranging from Japan to Lebanon to Israel to Korea. And the folks behind Destination Dinner are giving one recipe kit, of the winner’s choice, away here!
The contest starts NOW and will end at 7 PM CST this Saturday, August 8 (the same time that something else is beginning, ahem). The winner will be selected via a random number generator and contacted via e-mail Sunday, at which point he or she will be able to choose a kit, which will be mailed out directly through Destination Dinners.
(Plus, between you and me, there might be a prize for the runner-up, too, and it might involve homemade cookies.)
Want to play? Here’s how to enter:
- Comment on any Food Loves Writing post (archived or new) this week: 1 entry for each comment (limit 4).
- Tweet about this contest with a link back: 3 entries.
- Post a blog about this contest with a link back: 3 entries.
- Join our Facebook fan page: 3 entries. (Or e-mail me to say you are already a fan)
- Subscribe to the site: Just click here to do it. There’s a secret word at the bottom of the RSS feed. E-mail it to me so I know you subscribe: 4 entries.
Rules & Regulations:
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.
- I will choose the winners from the qualified participants. I am the sole judge of adding entries to the list, and letting me know about your entries (e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org) is the best way to ensure being counted. Plagiarized content, trackback from splogs, spams, non-goal oriented comments, and comments containing abusive or inappropriate languages will not be considered.
- To award the prize, I must be able to contact you. Please leave a valid e-mail address with your comment here, or let me know about your blog/Tweet via e-mail. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone else (excepting, of course, Destination Dinners, for the winner).
- Winners must reply within 1 week from the time notified to claim prize. Otherwise, he or she forfeits the prize, and it will be awarded to an alternate.